Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Come Sail Away



I got one of my wild hairs to build something (aka Casey build something) several weeks ago.  I saw this picture online and thought it was so adorable.

Know what it is?  It's a sandbox!  How adorable!  Cut to about a week later and we have this shipwrecked in our backyard.

Casey blames me for not picking out fabric.  I blame him for not getting sand.  So we packed up the kid and headed to Lewis and Sheron Fabric in Atlanta last Saturday to buy some outdoor fabric for our "sail."  Hudson had fun playing peak-a-boo behind bolts of fabric.  I think they were ready to get us out of there.  They had our fabric cut and packaged and were showing us to the door within 3 minutes of us making our selection.

It just so happens that we were right down the street from Bungalow Classic, which we tried and failed to go to weekend before last.  Hey! we said.  The kid is in a good mood.  We are right here.  Let's pop in and take a look around.  We drive over and get out of the car.  Why is the kid's right side soaking wet?  I know it's hot but he can't be sweating that much!  Nope.  Mama forgot to change his diaper before we left the house.  No problem you may say.  Just get a fresh diaper from the diaper bag.  Oh.  Mama forgot to bring that too.  Goodbye Bungalow.  Maybe we will see you someday.

My punishment for forcing my child to stew in a soaking wet diaper for 45 minutes?  Hours of ironing, measuring, marking, pinning and sewing 4 yards of fabric.  

It was worth the effort if we do say so ourselves. 

The kid says so too.

1 comments:

LizzieLuxeVintage said...

Ok, kudos to you and Casey, I think the one ya'll made looks 100 times better! I might jack this idea from you!

Post a Comment