This long weekend Casey and I made the trip up to the big city: New York City that is. I had been once before and Casey had never been. He is a country boy at heart so he was reluctant to go. He needs the woods, fresh air, some dirt under his nails, and his deer hanging on the wall to feel complete. I told him that everyone needs to go at least once in their life (and if you haven't been, you must go. Yeah, I'm talking to you). There is truly no place like it. Once convinced, much planning was done and the day finally arrived. We took so many pictures and we did so much that I'm dividing the blog into days.
Welcome to Thursday!
Casey's first cab ride!
We flew in bright and early: 7:30am. Once we got checked into our hotel we got to walking. And walking. And walking. And walking. I was in a state of constant leg and back pain the entire weekend. We walked uptown and cut across Central Park. Something you may not realize: Central Park is HUGE. Like 900+ acres huge. I know! We were surprised too! We totally got lost. Once we found our way out we had a quick bite to eat and went to the Museum of Natural History.
After a subway ride back downtown (no more walking for us, thank you very much) and a much needed nap, we went out for dinner. We have heard a lot about the famous Grimaldi's pizzas so we made the walk (ugh) across the Brooklyn Bridge to stand in line (double ugh) to check it out for ourselves. It was very much worth the wait and the walk. Plus we got a great view of the city from the bridge. After the pizza we got our sugar fix at Dylan's Candy Bar. It's three floors of every kind of candy you can imagine. I'm a little like a six year old girl when it comes to candy. I get a tad bit too excited and go a little overboard. Chocolate covered gummy bears? Yes please.
The owner? We aren't sure but he was cracking us up pointing out people in line to come in and rolling his eyes when you didn't respond fast enough. Love it.







.jpg)


3 comments:
I have always wanted to go to New York. Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures.
I've been but Brad hasn't - need to drag him too! On another note - you're to cute! Love your necklaces, outfits, shoes, hair - all of it! I remember your blog about wanting to grow your bangs - LOVE THEM!! Cutie!!
Thanks Anne! I felt like I looked like such a mess there. It's nice to know I looked half way decent.
Post a Comment