I've made an executive decision to begin commission on the dreaded bonus room overhaul. It's the mess of all messes.
Despite that, Hudson loves to come here to play so I want to make it a pleasant place to be for both me and him. Phase one is painting. I've been nagging asking Casey to get it painted for literally months now. Us girls know that if you want something done, you have to do it yourself. So I found myself trying to surprise the better half with having this done when he got back from Texas a few weeks back (I'm a little slow on the blogging).
I spent all day Tuesday edging everything and thought I could get one coat finished that night and the second coat finished Wednesday. Wrong! Tuesday night about one third of the way though rolling, my arms were sore, I was sweating and praying for a stranger to show up at the door and volunteer to finish. Or maybe the paint fairy would come overnight and finish. Now I know why Casey wanted to pay someone to do this job. I quit at 9:30, took a shower and fell asleep watching a movie. Cut to Wednesday night and I was just trying to get coat #1 finished. That's the hard part anyway, right? My whole body was aching, I had calluses on my hands, and just wanted to lay down and sleep. Or die. I was so tired of moving my arms up and down I was holding the roller in place and jumping up and down to paint. The blinds were open. I'm sure the neighbors where watching and laughing. I have no shame.
I spent all day Tuesday edging everything and thought I could get one coat finished that night and the second coat finished Wednesday. Wrong! Tuesday night about one third of the way though rolling, my arms were sore, I was sweating and praying for a stranger to show up at the door and volunteer to finish. Or maybe the paint fairy would come overnight and finish. Now I know why Casey wanted to pay someone to do this job. I quit at 9:30, took a shower and fell asleep watching a movie. Cut to Wednesday night and I was just trying to get coat #1 finished. That's the hard part anyway, right? My whole body was aching, I had calluses on my hands, and just wanted to lay down and sleep. Or die. I was so tired of moving my arms up and down I was holding the roller in place and jumping up and down to paint. The blinds were open. I'm sure the neighbors where watching and laughing. I have no shame.

.jpg)


0 comments:
Post a Comment