If you've been following Hudson's escapades, you know that he has been in his "big boy room" for a little while now. We just got the whole room completed this week. I've been working on getting some finishing touches done. In other words, I've been dragging my feet.
Here was the before:
Here was the before:
Obviously this was after paint and trim, which made a huge difference. I had my favorite trim man put in some big thick trim.
Isn't he a keeper?
Here are the afters:
We are super happy with the results. This guys likes it too.
RESOURCES:
Isn't he a keeper?
Here are the afters:
We are super happy with the results. This guys likes it too.
The Big Stuff
Wall Paint: Sherwin Williams in Lime
Headboard: Pallets that we scored for free. We sanded them down and stained them in Minwax Americana then did a coat of clear finishing wax.
Nightstand: Ikea. Click here to see how I did the transformation.
Dresser: His old changing table. We got it from Rattles and Rhymes.
Bedding: Serena and Lily. This was our splurge. I cringe at the price. I figured I could make up for it by saving in other areas.
Chairs: Ikea. I really didn't want to spend much on a chair so we found this one for super duper cheep and I added the nail heads from Lowes to make it look a little more expensive.
Side Table: A Pottery Barn leftover from his nursery.
The Small Stuff
Wall Paint: Sherwin Williams in Lime
Headboard: Pallets that we scored for free. We sanded them down and stained them in Minwax Americana then did a coat of clear finishing wax.
Nightstand: Ikea. Click here to see how I did the transformation.
Dresser: His old changing table. We got it from Rattles and Rhymes.
Bedding: Serena and Lily. This was our splurge. I cringe at the price. I figured I could make up for it by saving in other areas.
Chairs: Ikea. I really didn't want to spend much on a chair so we found this one for super duper cheep and I added the nail heads from Lowes to make it look a little more expensive.
Side Table: A Pottery Barn leftover from his nursery.
The Small Stuff
Lamp Set: Home Goods (I was going to paint them yellow but liked the color in the room and decided to leave them as is).
Pillow: Anthropologie.
Lamp: Another nursery leftover. Initially from Walmart. I just added the new ribbon trim with a hot glue gun to match this room.
Light (ceiling): Ikea. I painted the navy stripe on to coordinate with the bedding.
Toy/Book Storage Bins: Antiques from Scott Antique Market. We added the wheels on the bottom so Hud could roll them around if he wanted. They are from Lowes. $3 for a pack of 2.
Poof used as an Ottoman: Yet another nursery transfer but I bought it at Target a couple of years back.
Lamp on Nightstand: Home Goods (my new favorite lamp source... can you tell?). It was silver but I liked the shape so I painted it in chalkboard paint and recovered the lampshade in burlap.
Wall Collage: "H" was another nursery transfer I painted to match the new room (from Hobby Lobby). Frames from Michaels. Antique turtle shell from Scott's. Deer antlers from Casey's collection. Vintage-looking signs from World Market.
Growth Chart: Tree Ink Press shop on Etsy.
Coat Hooks: Hobby Lobby (another half off deal).
Face Jug Pottery: Custom Turkey Creek Pottery.
Poof used as an Ottoman: Yet another nursery transfer but I bought it at Target a couple of years back.
Lamp on Nightstand: Home Goods (my new favorite lamp source... can you tell?). It was silver but I liked the shape so I painted it in chalkboard paint and recovered the lampshade in burlap.
Wall Collage: "H" was another nursery transfer I painted to match the new room (from Hobby Lobby). Frames from Michaels. Antique turtle shell from Scott's. Deer antlers from Casey's collection. Vintage-looking signs from World Market.
Growth Chart: Tree Ink Press shop on Etsy.
Coat Hooks: Hobby Lobby (another half off deal).
Face Jug Pottery: Custom Turkey Creek Pottery.
Driftwood Candle Holder: Anthropologie.
Hamper: Target (again, from nursery).






.jpg)


1 comments:
i think it looks awesome! :-)
Post a Comment