Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, November 22, 2010

Busted Lip



When this day started I was thinking about how I have been sick all weekend and was up half of the night coughing (despite the arsenal of Vicks Vapor Rub, Breathe Right Strips, saline drops, cough syrup, and the humidifier that I attacked myself with last night) and was still tired.  I never thought today would include a trip to the emergency room with Hudson. 
 I was putting up our faux Christmas tree while Hudson played peak-a-boo around it when he tripped over his pants that are too long (bad mama) and fell.  Don't worry.  His lip broke his fall.  I thought he had just hit his head like he seems to do about 10 times a week.  I didn't even notice that his mouth was filled with blood (bad mama) until he kept crying longer than usual.

His tooth went all of the way through his lip.  Ouch.  Don't worry.  He kept right on playing until we left for the hospital.  They didn't even give him stitches.  Thank the Lord.  I don't know how that mess would have played out.
Popsicles helped a little.
Yeah, he got two.

0 comments:

Post a Comment