Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Beach



We took Hud on his first trip to the beach this past week. I was honestly very worried as to how he would do. Its a long drive to Ormond Beach (6 hours when Casey and I make the trip alone, 10 hours with 2 babies in tow for the record) so the actual ride down there was my first big concern. As is normally the case, Hud proved me wrong and did an awesome job on the ride down. In fact we had a great week. For the most part he hardly made a peep at any of the restaurants we ate at, he loved the pool and was pretty go-with-the-flow the whole week. I have to say a huge thanks to his Papa and Lolly (my parents) who not only let us shack up with them but also stayed inside most of the time when it was nap time so Casey and I could enjoy some much needed r & r. A pretty big group of us went (around 20) to the same place that we have gone for years and that I used to go to as a kid. I'm calling it a huge success over all and a great time. Much fun was had by all. 


Me (in the back with the boy haircut) with my sister Julie (on the left who actually looks like a boy) and cousin Jessica (Cole's mom) at Ormond Beach circa 1984.

Same beach this year





Totally taking over poor little Cole's tent








0 comments:

Post a Comment