Hudson was super easy to potty train. Since I had it so easy with him I was worried that Fin would be the thorn in my side. I was right.
Day 1
I used the same method I used with Hudson which was "Potty Training In Less Than a Day". That means we were camped out in the floor of the kitchen all morning which does not make for a happy pregnant mama. My back was sore for two days. So the thing is that she just doesn't give us much warning. She would pee a little bit in her undies, say "pee pee!" and then pee some more in the potty. How do you reward something that she really didn't do, right? I about reached my breaking point when she dumped the contents of the pot of her potty in the floor of the bathroom. The afternoon was better. She peed in the potty a lot and only had two accidents. Bring on day two!
Day 2
It wasn't as bad as day one. I can say that much. We stayed in the kitchen cooking most of the morning and she went to the potty much more often than she had accidents. The "accidents" she had were only a little bit of pee in her undies, then she would tell me she needed to use the potty and then she would pee in the potty. So I really only count them as half accidents. At nap time I put her diaper on and told her not to pee in it but it's there just in case she leeks. I heard her crying and calling my name while I was laying Hudson down and came in to discover she had taken her diaper off, thrown it in the floor and peed in her crib. At least she didn't pee in her diaper!
The real trouble began when Hubby came home. He tends to let her wonder so she pooped in her pants. Ugh.
Day 3
I was gone most of the morning so it was all on Hubs. We reviewed the method and then I was out. It seemed to be a lot of the same as day two with less frequent peeing and a few almost accidents. I was impressed that after naps we went out to run errands and she held it in for about two hours. Were on our way home and she said "pee pee" so Hub whipped the car over, we plopped her on the potty seat we now carry everywhere we go and she did her thing! Way to go Fin!
The one bright spot in this mess? Her big 'ol tushy hanging out of her big-girl undies.
Update: She has been doing much better and usually goes a long time between having to use the potty. She has mostly accident free days but does have the occasional slip-up. Mostly with poop unfortunately.



.jpg)


0 comments:
Post a Comment